Best Ramen in Vancouver
Dave Shea's list, annotated
Anything without a comment, I haven't been to.
Aside from these, ShuRaku serves ramen in an interesting but very non-traditional way. It comes in a trough, is a chicken/pork clear broth, and you can opt for grilled chicken or vegetables instead of the usual fatty pork.
Total aside: is there anywhere in Vancouver that serves Tan-men?
via @CamCavers, he tweets "Marutama has tanmen—it looks good. I’ve never ordered it myself but my mom always does when visiting."
Dave Shea's Top Ramen in Vancouver
- Jinya – My original "this is awesome" favourite. I think the first one to have a black garlic version?
- Ramen Butcher – The one I go to the most because of proximity to work and home.
- Men-no Kura
- Natsumi – Just opened on Commercial Drive in 2016. Very cute. (closed)
- Yah Yah Ya
- Taishoken – I really like the flavour, but I always had digestive issues after eating here, so it's on my black list.
- Koyuki Sapporo
- Gojiro – monstrous portions. So-so at best.
- Ben Kei
- Aji Kura
- Gyoza Bar – I've had ramen here once. Mediocre.
- Menya – Went more often when we lived in South Granville. Had a food poisoning issue.
- Hida Takayama
- Harvest – have had several of their soups. Definitely not really ramen at all, but tastier than the position here would suggest.
- Shogun Sapporo Ramen